This past weekend, besides celebrating mothers’ day, I celebrated my 27th birthday by going on a dinner cruise while overlooking New York City on a beautiful night. The weather was perfect. I was surrounded by family and friends who came from other states and even other countries to celebrate with me and I just couldn’t contain myself with the amount of love I felt from endless messages, gifts, calls etc… Thank you all so much for all the kind wishes on all social media platforms. I am forever grateful for your kindness. In light of this birthday celebration, I figured it would be a good idea to let you guys in a little bit on my world: what I love, dislike, can’t live without etc… So here are 30 random facts about me, which I hope you will enjoy reading:
1. I am a devoted Christian, Roman Catholic to be exact – which doesn’t mean I am “holier than thou” but rather implies that I am a sinner covered by the blood of Jesus.
2. I am a clean freak and organize my things very particularly. If for example, someone turns one of my nail polish bottles around, I WILL notice because I make sure they all face the same way.
3. I have a strong visual memory especially when it comes to numbers. I can remember birthdays, license plate & phone numbers with very little effort. But ask me for the lyrics of a popular song, I will fail miserably. Unless of course, I read them. Then they will stick to my memory.
4. Did I say I love numbers? I always enjoyed math and physics the most in school. I guess it’s because they don’t allow for much subjectivity but instead make sense no matter what. 1+ 1 will always equal 2. I cannot say the same about essays…
5. I studied Finance and Investments in college but would probably not last a day on Wall Street. Stocks, trading and the likes are just not my thing.
6. I put outfits together in my head the moment I decide to buy an item. I rarely ever have unworn clothes in my closet.
7. I can go without accessories but earrings are absolutely non-negotiable. I never step out of the house without a pair and sometimes, I even carry a back up pair in my purse.
8. My birthday is a holiday. Point, blank, period. Which explains why I had the day off and enjoyed a three day weekend 🙂
9. I always wanted to have a baby girl but always cringed at the idea of having a boy. That is until my godson was born (see picture below). I now cannot wait to have a boy. 10. People always tend to believe that I don’t eat because I’m a small girl. Truth is I eat nonstop, but slowly and all day long. And oh, I don’t exercise. Not that I’m proud of that fact but I really don’t work out to maintain my weight. Thank goodness for my genes and fast metabolism.
11. I’m infatuated with long hair. If my hair ever reaches bra-strap length or longer, I won’t know what to do with myself. Lol
12. The number 12 is one of my favorite numbers. I’m pretty sure it has to do with my personal holiday as mentioned above.
13. I consider myself to be a very loyal friend (My name Edwina means valuable friend); however once I am done with someone, I never go back on my decision.
14. I hate apologizing. One of my biggest flaw is my pride.
15. I am terrible at speaking in public. 9 times out of 10, it ends up in me being in tears throughout the entire speech. Speech classes were always my worst nightmare.
16. When I am focused on something I love to do, I have complete tunnel vision until I accomplish my task. I even forget to eat sometimes.
17. I love colors, not only in clothes but in everything around me. 18. I do not watch television. The only show I watch is Scandal and I do that on my laptop. I can live without a TV but I must have a computer.
19. I love cooking but if I’m ever required to do so, then I don’t want to do it.
20. Tauruses are said to be very stubborn. I like to say rather that I don’t like being bossed around and even through my introverted personality, I don’t allow people to walk all over me.
21. When I cry, I like to be left alone. If anyone asks what’s wrong, they have just caused me to cry some more.
22. The bathroom is my favorite part of the house. I can take a two-hour shower with no problem. 23. I taught myself how to drive.
24. I cannot parallel park for the life of me. I get it right maybe 50% of the time. Lol I’m getting better though 🙂 [2016 update: I am pleased to announce that I am now a pro at parallel parking. I’m moving on up in the world 🙂 ]
25. Strangers always tell me very personal stories about themselves. It’s the weirdest thing but it happens to me all the time and I can’t explain it nor do I mind it.
26. I function much better at night than I do in the morning. I even cook and clean after hours. [2016 update: I’m getting older man. Can’t stay up that late anymore 🙁 ] 27. I know God has not given me a spirit of fear but boy of boy, that’s the only feeling that comes to mind when I think of snakes. My absolute biggest fear of the planet! I do not like anything that crawls for that matter.
28. I’m addicted to peaches. Peach juice, the actual fruit, peach yogurt, peach candy, peach fruit cups, peach moscato. I love it all!
29. I can barely function without my phone but that’s one thing I’m trying to work on. I do not like to have to depend on things so much.
30. People find it weird that I don’t change immediately when I come home, especially on Sundays after church. I keep my outfit on until it’s time to shower and get ready for bed. That’s it folks. Did you find any of these facts relatable? Did any of them surprise you? Are there any unanswered questions? Please feel free to chime in below!